Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Jazzy Premiere: AMAZING Riffs and Runs!

Jazmine Sullivan Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRPasnb_hQ&list=LLe5bCDZ8jT1l5b_KOR3Ln_g

Hopefully by the title of my post, you can tell that I LOVE Jazmine Sullivan! She's my all time

favorite R&B artist, and my singing style is based off of her sound. Her vocals are definitely goals to

me!


Just a little background, her mother named her "Jazmine" for her love of Jazz music. Little did her

mother know that she would grow up and become and amazing singer who has such a jazzy voice in

her own way! Jazmine's fame began at age 11, when she sang Diana Ross's "Home" from the play

The Wiz. When you hear her sing that song, who would even think she's 11 years old?! You would've

thought it was an adult in the background, but nope, it's Jazmine! She went on to perform at the

Apollo in New York, several churches, in plays at her high school (which is in Philadelphia), and

even in clubs at 15!


Jazmine has three solo albums from the label J Records, and I can sing every single lyric to all of

them! I can relate to most of her songs, but most of all her incredible musical ear is so subliminal; I

hope that when I start making music, I will have that same ear she has! Now I know that her isn't

Christian, but when you listen to her songs, you definitely will feel the emotions that she conveys in

her lyrics. All in all, you will definitely enjoy this video. Feel free to watch it as many times as you'd

like, and hopefully, you won't get too tired of her "Jazzy" sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment